CANDY RAINBOW CAKE TOPPER
- 1 – Frosted 6″ Cake
- 1 – Package Rainbow Twizzlers
- 1 – Package Mini Marshmallows
- 1 – Package 18 gauge Silver Stem Wire
- Wire Cutters
1.Pull a red, orange, yellow, green, blue & purple Twizzler from the package. Cut them the following lengths:
- Red: 7″
- Orange: 6 1/4″
- Yellow: 5 1/4 “
- Green: 4 1/2″
- Blue: 3 3/4″
- Purple: 3″
2. Thread a piece of floral wire through each piece of licorice, making sure there is 2 1/2 inches of excess wire on each side of the candy.
3. Starting with purple, bend each piece of licorice into an arch. Use the color before as a guide to make sure the next color fits snug.
NOTES: I bent the purple, and placed it on the counter. While still laying flat, I laid the blue right above the purple one, and then molded them together. I repeated this process as I stacked each color.
4. Starting with purple, stick the arched licorice pieces into the cake.
5. Continue adding the licorice, being sure to place the wire as close to the base of the piece of candy before it. This will ensure there is enough room on the cake for all the colors.
6. Add a pile of mini marshmallows to the base of the rainbow — be sure to put some on the front & backside.
- Make this cake even easier by ordering a plain frosted cake from a local bakery
- My girls thought Rolos around the base of the cake would look so super cool — because every rainbow needs a pot of gold.
- Looking for more cakes ideas that don’t require piping skills? Check out THESE!
Concept, Tutorial & Photography: Stevie Pattyn